Historic Buildings
  • Hof

Church of Hof

The oldest record of a church in Hof is from 1343 when it was a rural church, dedicated to Saint Klemens. Later it was an outer church of Sandfell. The church which stands now was built from 1883-85 by Páll Pálsson, master carpenter from Hörgsdalur valley. Now the church has a wooden frame bound together, with long stone walls and a flat turf roof. The Church is closed to visitors.