Historic Buildings
  • Húsið á Eyrabakka

Húsið and Assistentahúsið at Eyrarbakki

Eyrarbakki was a merchant port in 1602 and had a very busy store there from the latter part of the 18th century until the 20th century. Húsið was built in 1765 and also housed the shop manager and other staff of the Eyrarbakki store. Open daily from May 1st - September 30 from 11 - 18.

Assistentahúsið was built beside Húsið in 1881, and was the location of the Lefolii shop. The Building Museum of Árnes has run the house since 1995.