Historic Buildings
  • Arngrimsstofa

Arngrímsstofa in Svarfaðardalur

Open daily from 8-18.

By Tjörn in Svarfaðardalur valley there is a large farm and church. Here there was a vicarage until 1917. On the slope directly above there is the minor farm Gullbringa, which was built in the 18th century. A small house, which was built in front of the old farm, still stands and this is where the painter Arngrímur Gíslason (1829-87) lived his last years with his second wife and children. Open daily from 8 am - 6 PM. Please take care of House and surroundings when visiting.