Historic Buildings
  • Sauðanes

Sauðanes on Langanes

Open: June 15th - August 15th from 11 am - 5 pm every day except Mondays (closed)

It is believed that there was a church at Sauðanes since the 12th century. The priest‘s residence at Sauðanes (Sauðanes House) was built in 1879 and Sauðaneskirkja church in 1889. The old priest‘s house is the oldest stone house in Þingeyjarsýsla district and was made from stone brought from far away but cut on site.